Friday 3 August 2012

A gaze at the Cross

A gaze at the Cross


Each time I gaze at the cross
It brings to mind my friend
He died my death that
I may live his life.
The bloody spill that ousts my bill
He lived to die, and in dying he forever lives
Now I die to live, and in living will never die
He breathed his last that at last he may put to death
My debt to death.

Another gaze at the Cross…
A scene of sin, the cause of the curse
He thought of me as the prize to give himself as a price
I journey through life free from the curse of the cross
Never to nurse a fear, nor shed a tear for he’s ever near
Only he could fend for a friend till the very end
Being so kind climbed the Calvary tree
With the mind to find mankind.

Each time I gaze at the cross
I remember how he bled and shed his red
If indeed blood is life
Then life begins at the cross
Take a look at the cross



Mbah Chukwuemeka  C
THE CROSS

No comments:

Post a Comment