Friday 27 July 2012

Promising Young Man

PROMISING YOUNG MAN
PROMISING YOUNG MAN

Hear the travails of a single mother
Traded her heaven for love
But hopes and dreams short-lived and ran
Now she cries aloud to every woman
Be ware of a promising young man

He promised to move me mountains
He vowed to spring forth like fountains
At my faintest whisper when in need
And called on cupid to strike him stupid
If he is short of a word or letter in his creed

He stands and mopes as thought lost in lust
 It is vanity to yearn and lust over dust
He calls my left keg wonderful
And the right he christened as powerful
Both together he called beautiful

He said the sun rises in my glittering eyes
That heaven is hid between my very thighs
And will persevere till he finally makes it to heaven
He spoke sweet sounding sermons as time ticked eleven
Words like fetters, held hostage a lass due home for seven

He said my presence did make him shiver
And for my absence, he’ll cry me a river
If only I would be his all in one miss
He’ll treat me to a night of ceaseless kiss
And our ever after will be made of an endless bliss

Little did I know that the name I bore was a loan
Soon I’ll be striped of the same and left to moan alone
From my heaven he’s got saints numbering up to seven
Deserted in this lonely cold night as time ticked eleven
He’s abandoned me and all the saints in search for a new heaven


C’emeka Mbah 1/12/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment